Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Rubber Cafe'- New Release Blog Hop - Final Day!

Welcome to The Rubber Cafe new release blog hop!  Today is the last day so get hopping!     

Today you'll be hopping with Jen Matott, Heidi Blankenship and myself!!


If you just happened to visit my blog today and would like to start this BLOG HOP from the beginning, simply follow THIS LINK to be taken to The Rubber Cafe blog to begin the celebration.
There will be a Grand Prize for one lucky winner so be sure to stop at each blog and leave a comment to be registered. Don't forget to also leave a comment on each day of the Blog Hop at The Rubber Cafe too.

This time our new releases are featuring stamps designed for us by Jamie Doughtery, and can be found here!



Let's get started. Here's my project for the day:  Using the Don't be Wishy Washi set, I created a Christmas tree- by stamping directly on my patterned Christmas paper, by Authentic.  This is their Festive Collection and I just love it!  For my sentiment I used the one from the Ornamental Holiday set.
To top my tree, I used the 'Love' phrase, from the Remember the Moments set,
I positioned the stamp just below a circle of flowers - just so it could be my Tree topper!


A paper doily and Baker's Twine in Red, help to finish it up!



To stamp and create my tree, I laid each of the 'Washi' tape designs just as I wanted them to appear on my card directly to my clear block.  I than inked each layer with the color of my choice.  Fnally I stamped it on the area of my printed paper I wanted - I trimmed the RH side edge so I could have a balanced look to my tree.  It wasn't perfectly graduating in size, so I did this and trimmed the RH side which was a great look for my card!


Heres' one more look at my finished card!

 

Supplies:
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe' - Dont' be Wishy Washi, Remembered Moments, Ornamental Holiday
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Pear, Bamboo Leaf, London Fog, Rich Cocoa
Paper:  Authentic Festive collection 12 x 12 paper pack
Embellishments:  Red White Bakers Twine, paper doily
Tools:  Spellbinders - Romantic Rectangles



18 comments:

Lydia said...

love how you made the faux washi tree xx

Ruth said...

You did such a great job with the Wishy Washi stamp making this tree. Thank you for the picutres of how you made it.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Awesome project...love your wishy washi tree!

Laura Cox {aka scrapaddict} said...

Lovin' the washi stamp set...and a beautiful card!

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE the tree! These new stamps are so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Karen, I love the look of this card. And using the washi strips for the tree was such a clever idea. Really beautiful. I would love to win this release! Thanks for the chance.

Carol W. said...

Beautiful! Very creative washi stamp tree! Thank you for sharing

Sue D said...

Very creative Christmas tree!

Kristine Reynolds said...

so creative! Love the "tree"!

scrap scha4 said...

Love the tree of stacked stamps...You are so clever!

MamaKaraba said...

LOVE your tree made with stamped images!

Kiki Halbert said...

I love your washi stamp tree! Gorgeous!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Great card. Thanks for sharing

batgirl said...

Magical. Love,love the card.

Wee Von said...

I think you are the next to the last stop for me on the wonderful blog hop. I have loved all the projects and I simply adore the new stamps sets. But your card is my favorite. It just spoke to me the most. TFS

Karen T said...

Thank you all for hopping with us and sharing your wonderful comments! Good luck to all

Jacquie Southas said...

Karen - I love these stamps! Neat idea to layer them creating the tree shape!

Gloria Stengel said...

Very cool.