Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Leap Year Day!

 



Here's some Leap year trivia for you, did you know......
Julius Caesar introduced Leap Years in the Roman empire over 2000 years ago, but the Julian calendar had only one rule: any year evenly divisible by 4 would be a leap year. This lead to way too many leap years, but didn't get corrected until the introduction of the GregorianCalendar more than 1500 years later.                                 






I don't have anything new to share with you today, but I do have a couple of 'old' friends that seemed appropriate for the day.  These are still on my gallery on Splitcoaststampers.com  


I think this little guys name is 'Froggy' he's a Clear stamp I got through Clear Dollars Stamps and although he's from a few years ago, he still makes me smile! 



The second card is using all Stampin'UP! products and this stamp set is called a "Flower for all Seasons".  As you can tell I'm still in the early stages of trying out new coloring techniques, I think if you look closely you can see I even did some ink spattering along with my shadowing. 
I love to color have ever since I was kid, but it's still a daily challenge to improve.  Who knew taking classes on 'coloring' would be needed.  But I am taking a few whenever I can.  
All in all it's still fun to look at cards from your past and see how we evolve as artists and crafters.  

Have a "hoppy" day!
~Karen

No comments: