Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Paper Dolls!

I can't believe it's already been a couple of weeks since my weekend up on Palomar Mountain!  Every year, I get the chance to get -away with wonderful friends to paper craft, laugh, relax, eat and  have fun! 

This year, I made eveyrone nametags for their door, featuring Julie Nutting's Paper doll template.  I have several of Julie's stamps, but I love the flexibility the template gave me. I had so much fun creating, and dressing these little gals to look like my good friends.  I was able to even customize their hair!  Check them out!  Those fun chalkboard stakes I found at a local store Paper Tales!  And I mounted them on tags from Julie's line made by Prima.

 
Unfortunately I couldn't get anyone to pose with their paper doll 'likeness' so you'll just have to take my word for it that these resemble any of us in any way! :)



I added flowers using Tim Holtz' Tattered Flowers die, and vines and buds that grew up each post. 

 
I used brads to join and 'joint' the arms, and legs, keeping them very mobile.  However noone was going anywhere once I attached each of them to the tag front!

 
They went together pretty quick, however I have to say creating their clothes and dressing them took longer than I thought.  I think I was just having too much fun going through all my small 6x6 pads (yes, I have way too many) and finding just the right prints and colors for each of little 'dollies!. 

 
Thanks for stopping by!
 

6 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Love these Karen! They are amazingly "true" to each of us, so glad you were able to get a photo with most of them together.

Truly Lori said...

Hi Karen, these are soooo cute! And since I do know these lovely ladies, I can also vouch for you that these dolls do resemble them. Just so cute!

Unknown said...

I am so in love with these! What a great idea.

Gloria Stengel said...

I think mine looks just like me! Thanks again, Karen. What a labor of love! Hugs.

JD/ Jill said...

These are so cute, and well done...thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Alguien sabe como se hacen o donde ver el tutorial.