Friday, June 1, 2012

For my Mom!

This is a card I sent to my Mom this year for Mother's day and for her birthday.  The design of this card is almost like two cards in one, the top will lift open left to right if you just take a hold of the banner in the diecut area with the dress form reveals the gift card.    



The rest of the card  opens as a top folding card which reveals the sentiment.
To make this card I used my dress form stamp from The Rubber Cafe' set- "Steampunk Wings"
The 'MOM" and my sentiment on the inside of the card are also from The Rubber Cafe' - the set called 'Give Momma some Love'.


Here's a full view of the card

I used the Bitty Blossom die from Spellbinders - to make these fabulous rolled roses, I just LOVE these!! This set has a smaller die, that really lets you create a smaller rose than the other bloom dies.  It also has leaves you can cut which I didn't use this time.
And another closeup of that darling dressform. I also added a sweet resin white rose to the waist.

I have 2 charms, sissors and a heart that says love dangel from a pin tied to ribbon on the inside,  Here's also a closer view of the script itself.


Some simple coloring with my B000 Copic marker and Tim Holtz- distress inks Broken China, and Vintage Photo and my card was complete.

Thanks for stopping by -


3 comments:

scrap scha4 said...

I really like the idea of the fold from side to side and then a second top to bottom. Very clever...I will definately be copying this idea.

Gloria Stengel said...

I love the colors on this one, Karen!

Jacquie Southas said...

so pretty - love the dressform & flowers