Monday, April 2, 2012

The Rubber Cafe' - Featuring Warren the Rabbit

It's Warren in Spring time! 

I love this cutie!  Check out the stamp from The Rubber Cafe' - Presents from Warren as you can see he's usually sitting on a stack of presents.  Well for my cards today, I've masked off the presents so I could focus just on Warren the Rabbit for some fun Springtime - Easter Greetings!

In both cards I've colored Warren with Copics but each finished in a different way and with different background affects.


The first one I made as an easel card and created my own background by coloring in the ground and sky with my Copics, I've given Warren a great hilltop with blue skies for him to sit and quietly munch on Daisies!  I punched a fence border to 'catch' my card as it sits upright on it's easel back.





Here's a side view of the Easel - I love this fold and will do a tutorial on it soon!




















The second card I used decorative printed paper from Bo Bunny's Home collection for my background.   In addition to coloring Warren with Copics, I sprayed the background with Goosebumps spray to give my paper background some added texture.



Instead of gifts, Warren is holding a rose from the garden and keeping a close eye on his Easter Egg!






For my phrase I am using the 'Miss You' from Fabulous Phrases set.  My family all lives in Minnesota so I am often not with them during the holidays, so it seemed appropriate.

Here's a closeup of my flag. You can kind of see the Goosebumps spray glistening in the background.  It gives a bubble affect depending on how you apply.


Well that's it for today!  - be sure to check out the The Rubber Cafe Blog the Team has been putting to gether some great projects and we're going to be participating a blog hop this month with the team from Really Reasonal Ribbon!  

Supplies Used:

Paper: Cardstock  - Creme; Bo Bunny - Home
Ink: Copics, Memento Cocoa
Accessories: The Rubber Cafe Scrap Happy Sheer GlueGoosebumps Texture Spray,  Flowers.

3 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

Great techniques!

Rita Barakat said...

These are darling Karen - now go play with your gelatos! LOL

Melissa Forsyth-Sampaga said...

I love this little bunny ... what a great idea .