Saturday, August 29, 2015

Using Diecuts to Create a Layered Card around Negative Space

I love using punches and die cutting in my card and paper crafting projects - I'd have to say it's an addiction with me!  So I'm always looking for different ways that I can do just that to create a simple card.
Here's my card today - I saw this idea awhile ago watching uTube, and decided to give it a try with today's card.



I used a Nestabilities die to create my window or negative space however you could achieve the same with a punch or even a x-acto knife.  The key is to pop-up the top portion of the piece with the window and layer behind it another piece of white card stock the same size.  Giving you dimension and an element to work around on your front layer.
 see the rest of my post over at the Rubber Cafe' here!


No comments: