Wednesday, August 13, 2014

"Pointillism" Bouquet -featuring August's Creative Cafe' kit of the month

I saw this technique last week on Splitcoast stampers called "Pointillism" they also featured a tutorial by Allison Cope here. I thought it was a beautiful effect and perfect 'go to' technique with our Floral Bouquet stampset included in this month's kit so decided I had to give it a try.

Here's a look at my first attempt- I definitely think this technique gets better the more you practice but for a first attempt it doesn't look too bad, so thought I'd share it with you today.

Here's a close up of the flowers - and a look at my first try at Allison's Pointilism technique- it's a fun change of pace for coloring and layering color. To create my bouquet - I created masks for the flowers and leaf so I could layer and cluster away- a great way to get a one-stamp look out of 4 different stamps!

For this single layer card, I layered it with some pink cardstock- leaving just a bare 1/8" around, and than layered that on the polka-dot pattern paper
 
 
 

No comments: