Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween - Tim Holtz- 12 Tags of 2012-Oct

Spooky Greetings to you all on this all Hallows Eve!!

I have some last final projects to share - and due to some computer issues, was unable to get some of these posted until now. 

First of all - here's my October Tag for Tim Holtz' Tags of 2012 - or in my case my ATC size!  I am so loving the shape of this little cutie, and it is packed w/ some fun new techniques.  2 were shared by Tim in his project tag for this month.



I used my Spellbinders - pumpkin dies.  This is the next to the largest one, so it would fit in my ATC size and adhered Tim Holtz' new Tissue paper to it.  I followed his paint techniques with Yellow, Orange and Brown daubers, than wiped those areas in each layer to difuse the color with a 'Wipe' - I used from my 'Tub o' Towels' we sell in the Rubber Cafe.
The other fun technique is I colored my glitter using our The Rubber Cafe's-  You're So Fine - Diamond Cool highlight glitter and Pitch Black Alcohol ink as described in Tim's Post.  I got mine to a charcoal color which I loved - as it looked great with the newsprint and distress of my ATC.   If you want it darker just keep adding more alcohol ink!  It's really cool... initially it clumps the glitter but as the alchohol dissipates it leaves your colored glitter. 



I made my own sticky paper using Scrap Happy Glue from The Rubber Cafe- and laid parchment paper down once it was set.  I prepared a piece of 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of cardstock.  And before using cut it into 4 pieces so I could use it more easily.  I used this for creating my pumpkin and the tissue paper adhered beautitfully!  And I cut my '31' numbers out with it also after peeling away the parchment paper added my glitter.  The numbers were Tim's Sizzix Word Play die!


Silhouette 3d Fun
I've been playing with my Silhouette's 3D images.  I have the new Cameo and I am sooooo loving the additional 3 1/2 " of cutting width I gained- which gives me more cool opportunities for dimensional items with some size!

Here's a couple of Halloween cuties that I really had fun with !  I cut and than stamped with my Rubber Cafe' - dots and stripes background stamps from the Background Basics 2 set.  I laced my 'witchy' shoe with black/white bakers twine, and used scrappers floss and a cordoroy button to embellish my pumpkin.

The Pumpkin is sealed shut, but I thought about trying this again, and making it a box that you could open and close with goodies inside.  Possibilities are endless!  These are the actual size of the orig design but as you know with all electronic cutting machines the flexibility in re-sizing to fit your needs is always an option!

The pumpkin I ahered close with my Scrap Happy Glue from the Rubber Cafe, but the shoe I used my 3-in-1 or Fabritac by Beacons.  There were so many curves I needed a faster drying glue to keep in place as I set the inserts.  I stamped and distressed with Mustard Seed, used Black Soot on my shoe.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a safe and Happy Halloween!!


Supplies:
Stamps:  The Rubber Cafe' - Background Basics 2, Tim Holtz - ticket tag stamps
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Inks- Mustard Seed, Black soot,  Paint daubers, Yellow, orange and brown
Paper:  The Rubber Cafe' -Pugnacious white, and SU colored cardstock, Tim Holtz Tissue paper
Adhesives:  The Rubber Cafe' - Scrap Happy Glue, Beacons Fabri-tac
Tools:  Spellbinder Pumpking die set, and Sizzix leaf and Wordplay dies
Embellishments:  G45 chipboard buttons, SU cordoroy button, Scrappers Floss, Blk/Wht bakers Twine, Basic Grey velvet rick rack, The Rubber Cafe' - You're So Fine Diamond glitter and Pitch Black Alchohol ink


1 comment:

Gloria Stengel said...

I LOVE that Tim Tag. Again, better than Tim's! This is really adorable! I loved seeing the 3D pumpkin in person. Very cool project.