Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tim Holtz - 12 Tags of 2012 August

Today, I wanted to share my project for Tim's August Tag.  Instead of an ATC card I found the perfect frame in my stash that totally inspired me after seeing Tim's tag and after watching his tutorial on making rolled roses from his Pinecone die, and using 'Coordenations' paper.  Well let's just say, I had to sit down and make some of my own!

Here's Tim's gorgeous tag.


and here's my project.

and a closeup - to show you these gorgeous flowers!




  To finish up, I sprayed a new shimmer spray on the Roses, and added a dove and a corner piece of Doilee.  My silhouette is a chipboard piece from Maya Roads. I heat embossed it with Ranger Black embossing powder, before adhering it against the background.

6 comments:

Cynthia said...

What a cool take on Tim's Tag! Love LOVE the flowers and the little dove! So beautiful!!

Gloria Stengel said...

Oh, Karen! This is stunning! I love yours so much more than I like Tim's! Adding the bird and the fact that it is a frame. Just so pretty!

SandeeNC said...

Very pretty! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

EmeralDQueen said...

Sooo beautiful, very interesting!

Winnie said...

Wow. Love your cameo and your frame! The roses are lovely as well.

Kate Yetter said...

Very pretty! I love that frame!