Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Iditarod 2012 Day 10 and we have a winner!

The Iditarod in Nome Alaska has just finished up after 10 days and 980 miles in Nome Alaska.  I've been paying close attention this year, as my company has been a proud sponsor for Dee Dee Jonrowe, who finished 10th!  She's competed in a total 30 Iditarods, (more than anyone) where she's finished in 2nd place twice and been in the top 10 thirteen times! 

Here she is with her dogs getting close to the finish today day 10.  I love their pink booties, and times I've seen them with matching coats too!


Here's another view of her at riding off into the sunset.... you can almost make out their pink coats!


Finally here are the winners!  Dallas Seavey with his 2 lead dogs. At 25 he is the youngest winner yet of the Iditarod! Some more interesting pieces of trivia... his father placed 5th in this same race, and his Grandfather mushed in the very first Iditarod (must be in the genes)!



Thanks for stopping by... I'll be back with something more crafty in my next post!
~Karen

1 comment:

Lisa Minckler said...

Beautiful pictures. Wonderful story! :)