Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Happy Birthday pocket gift card featuring Origami folded money Shirts

Hey!
I have a fun birthday card for my Dad, featuring Stamps and Paper from our Creative Cafe' kit for June at The Rubber Cafe'
For a year now, I've been trying to find how to fold money origami style into shirts I saw it once last year, and then when I looked couldn't find the site I liked so well.  I just love the creative way you can give cold hard cash to that special someone!  Well I've been keeping my eyes, open, and then one day watching The Chew - they were doing a Father's day segment, and in addition to grilling tips, they made this folded card - yes, that's right an Origami shirt!  So head here- to the CHEW to see their video clip, I just applied the same techniques to my money!  I think these should make him smile in more ways than one- when he receives his card in the mail.

Here's a look at the front and inside of my card.  I used my WR Memery Makers Envelope maker to cut the tabs, and create a fun file folder card.
I am using all supplies and stamps from our June Creative Cafe' kit - I think the papers I chose just blended perfectly with my folded bills.  We had an old pickup truck like the one I colored and 'wobbled' in the lower RH corner. It came with the 40 acre farm we bought it was a 55 pickup, that I had to learn to drive so I could get to and from the farm to do feed and muck stalls for our horses. 
The wobblers were also in the kit last month- and I had so much fun adding movement to my cards.  The coils fold flat so I should not have any problem getting this in the mail.
 Here's a closer look at my shirts!  I had to add some ties, as my Dad was a shirt and tie guy before he retired.   I had so much folding these I may get a few more bills to fold and add to my card- I think my Dad is worth it!  
Thanks for stopping by - Keep checking back as we are showing our latest kit for July and it's another winner!!
Supplies:
Stamps:  Creative Cafe' Kit of the month - June
Paper: Creative Cafe'kit of the month - June - featuring Echo Park's Getaway Paper pad
Ink:  Memento Ink - Rich Cocoa
Tools: Envelope Maker-(used to cut my folder tab card)

No comments: